Getting the Best Color Prints
Are you getting the best prints from your color copier? If your business relies on the best color prints to do your job then you need to understand your machine Too many people do not understand their office machines and settle for dull colors. It’s not hard to get the best color prints from your color copier as long as you know your role.
What most people don’t think about is that your copier does not automatically know what kind of job you want to do. If you just send a job to your color copier then it will simply use the most basic settings to get that job done. However, if you are copier savvy then you know you can manage your settings to get amazing results.
If you follow these simple steps then you should get the best color prints from your color copier.
- Check to see that your print resolution is as high as it will do. For most copiers the maximum print resolution will be either 1800 x 600 or 1200 x 1200 dots per inch. The more DPI, the better your print will look.
- Set your driver from text to photo. Make sure that your printer is aware that you need to print a photo, not just a document.
- Set print driver to full color. This will open up the ability to use a greater range of colors than before.
- Use the Adobe PostScript print driver. This will transfer your standard green, blue, and red colors into cyan, magenta, yellow and black values. These new color values will give you a more true color spectrum.
- Check that you are using a high resolution digital format. Use formats like JPEG, PDF, and PNG. Higher resolution formats will give more detail than TIFF or Bitmap photo.
That’s all you have to do to start getting the best color prints that your color copier can give you.